Reese Witherspoon’s Leather Cutout Dress Signals a New Style Era
Reese Witherspoon is back on the red carpet. On April 13, the actor and producer stepped out for the premiere of “The Last Thing He Told Me,” marking her first public appearance since announcing her split from from ex-husband Jim Toth. Perhaps signaling a new chapter in her life – and subsequently, a new style era – she wore an unexpectedly edgy black leather dress.
Though seemingly a simple midi dress from a distance, upon closer inspection, the one-shouldered silhouette featured a sheer floral overlay, tiny cutouts across the bust, a and subtle side slit. Working with stylist Petra Flannery, Witherspoon accessorized with diamond hoop earrings, an assortment of cocktail rings, and black pumps with a pointed toe.
She posed next to her longtime friend Jennifer Garner, who contrasted Witherspoon’s black ensemble with a white strapless midi dress featuring metal plates down the bodice. Garner’s dress gave off the illusion of cutouts, also straying from her go-to style. Garner stars in “The Last Thing He Told Me,” which premieres on Apple TV+ on April 14, while Witherspoon is the executive producer.
Witherspoon’s black leather dress is a departure from her usual preppy, feminine style. Similar to her brand Draper James’s aesthetic, she often leans toward colorful, work-inspired outfits, like she did on her recent “Your Place or Mine” press tour. While promoting the Netflix film, she wore a strapless Valentino peplum dress in a shade of sea blue, a red shirtdress from Lafayette 148, and a tweed Giambattista Valli minidress.
See more photos from Witherspoon’s latest appearance ahead.
Read More POPSUGAR Fashion
- Overalls Are Officially Back in Style – How to Wear Them the 2023 Way
- Selma Blair Plays With the No-Pants Trend and Towering Platforms For Latest Cover
- 14 Emily Ratajkowski Outfits That Define Her Sultry Style
- Slaytown: All of Mel B, Abbie Chatfield and Chrissie Swan’s Looks on “The Masked Singer”
- Sabrina Carpenter Puts Her Ankles to the Test in Towering Heels For Her New Music Video
- 10 Eye-Catching Outfits From Anitta, Including Thongkinis and Butt Cutouts