Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour Costumes Are Inspired by Her Most Memorable Looks
Taylor Swift is in her Eras era. The singer began her highly anticipated Eras Tour in Glendale, AZ, on March 17, debuting a variety of dazzling looks for her three-hour set. With a vast catalogue to cover and 44 songs in the setlist, Swift needed outfits that could lend themselves to her storytelling. In turn, she tapped designers like Versace, Roberto Cavalli, and Oscar de la Renta, as well as Christian Louboutin for her custom boots.
According to Vogue, Swift’s costumes were designed to modernize some of her most memorable moments in fashion. For example, stylist Joseph Cassell Falconer worked with Roberto Cavalli designer Fausto Puglisi to create a minidress dripping with sparkly gold fringe inspired by Swift’s second album, “Fearless.” He also created a catsuit with embroidered snakes to mark her “Reputation” era. “It’s more of a badass, rock and roll look,” Puglisi told Vogue.
Swift also debuted a glittery two-piece set reminiscent of her silver 2014 MTV Video Music Awards outfit, a sequin ballgown for a “Speak Now” tribute, and an iridescent bodysuit completely encrusted with crystals to mark her “Lover” era. No matter the album, each piece delighted the massive audience in attendance, which clocked in at over 69,000 people.
While Swift looked perfectly bejewelled on stage, the music was always top of mind. “I always want to create couture for the music . . . when you create for a concert in a stadium with so many people, everything must be eye-catching,” Puglisi told Vogue. Read on to see some of Swift’s best looks from her Eras Tour (so far).
Want more Taylor Swift news? Check out the stories below:
- Swifties, Are You Ready? Taylor Swift Has Dropped Australian Dates for The Eras Tour
- Every Surprise Song Performed on Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour So Far
- Every Look Taylor Swift Has Sparkled in on Her “Eras” Tour So Far
- All of Taylor Swift’s Best Fashion Eras, From “Red” to “Midnights”
- From Blake Lively to Selena Gomez, a Look at Taylor Swift’s Famous Friends
- Some Fans Think Taylor Swift’s New Song “When Emma Falls in Love” Is About Emma Stone
- Who Is Taylor Swift’s “Hits Different” About? Fans Have Some Theories
- Taylor Swift’s “Cruel Summer” Is Having a Moment: What to Know About the 2019 Track
- Did You Catch the Symbolism Behind Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour Nails?