Yara Shahidi’s Shimmery Cutout Gown Looks Like It’s Made of Pixie Dust
Faith, trust, and lots of pixie dust. Yara Shahidi‘s dress looked straight out of Neverland at the world premiere of “Peter Pan & Wendy” on April 20 in London. The actor, who plays Tinker Bell in Disney’s live-action Peter Pan adaptation, wore a mockneck Alexander McQueen gown dripping in sparkly gold fringe. The magical dress also featured sequins forming an intricate chevron pattern, as well as angular cutouts at the waist. While Tinker Bell is canonically known for her short green minidress, Shahidi’s ethereal look could still be interpreted as a modern take on the iconic character.
Styled by Jason Bolden, the look was paired with delicate Cartier jewelry, matching the gold in Shahidi’s outfit to the yellow diamonds in her earrings. Shahidi kept her hair back in tight braids and added a small cat-eye and glittery liner to her otherwise natural glam.
In some of the promotional images for “Peter Pan & Wendy,” Shahidi’s Tinker Bell is pictured flying through the air in a delicate green dress and floral bodice. This red carpet version, however, seems more in line with Shahidi’s personal sense of style. Previously, she wore a similarly show-stopping beaded Dior gown to the 2021 Met Gala, saying the look was a tribute to Josephine Baker. She later attended the 2021 Emmys in an electric green Dior dress with a 1950s silhouette. Still, this Tinker Bell-inspired gown might just be her best work yet.
Read More POPSUGAR Fashion
- Overalls Are Officially Back in Style – How to Wear Them the 2023 Way
- Selma Blair Plays With the No-Pants Trend and Towering Platforms For Latest Cover
- 14 Emily Ratajkowski Outfits That Define Her Sultry Style
- Slaytown: All of Mel B, Abbie Chatfield and Chrissie Swan’s Looks on “The Masked Singer”
- Sabrina Carpenter Puts Her Ankles to the Test in Towering Heels For Her New Music Video
- 10 Eye-Catching Outfits From Anitta, Including Thongkinis and Butt Cutouts