The closer we get to Winter the more we're looking to food to warm us up and give us some much needed comfort. At the moment, I'm bookmarking recipes for curries, stews and soups so that when chilly nights roll around I've got a range to pick from.
On this weeks menu: Sam Wood's Lentil and Beef Stew. A combination of both hearty and healthy ingredients like celery, carrots, onion, tomatoes, lentils and beef, are bound to fill you up and keep you warm. You can also opt to use bone broth if you want to take it one step further.
Scroll for the delicious recipe.
- 3 teaspoon(s) olive oil (extra virgin)
3/4 Onion (brown) diced
3 Clove(s) garlic
300 g Beef steak (porterhouse) cut into 1-inch cubes
1 1/2 Carrot(s) sliced
1 1/2 Celery stalk(s) sliced
2 1/4 cup(s) Diced tomatoes (canned)
3 cup(s) Beef stock (or bone broth)
1 cup(s) McKenzie's Whole Green Lentils rinsed
Salt & pepper to taste
- Start by adding the olive oil and onion to a pot over medium heat and sauté for 3 minutes, until the onion starts to go translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes, until golden.
- Brown off the beef by adding it to the pot and cooking for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well to combine. Leave to cook for 20-25 minutes until everything has softened and cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, mix through salt and pepper and serve.
- Serves 3
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Total Time
- 39 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving