- Women's health: While it's one of the most common forms of birth control, the contraceptive Pill might not be the right option for your body and situation. If chronic period pain is an unwelcome monthly reminder that yes, you're a woman, you're piling on unwanted kilos, or keep forgetting to take that little tablet, then girl, it's time for a Plan B.
- Healthy eating tips: At the beginning of each year we make a list of things we'd like achieve, with many of them being related to making healthy food choices. Yes, we know how easy it is to fall into bad habits (binge drinking, junk food snacking. . .), but by making simple swaps to the foods and drinks we consume it really can make a world of difference, promise.
- The Biggest Loser: The contestants has their first competitive weigh-in, which resulted in the biggest weight loss the show has ever seen in the first week. In fact, 34 year old Cameron had the highest weight loss percentage the show had seen dropping a whopping 15kg! Unfortunately not all contestants lost big, with Rodger only weighing-in 5.9kg lighter and being the first to leave the house. But it wasn't all bad news.
- Workouts: Let's be honest: crunches aren't the most exciting of exercises. And they're not always the most effective way to tone your abs anyway. If you're bored with your sit-up routine, here are 25 fun and effective moves to mix up your workout and tone your midsection!
- Celebrity fitness: Sunday Style and Cosmopolitan columnist, beauty writer, author and down to earth mum-to-be, she's the woman (along with her witty humour) that we look to for, well, generally top-to-toe advice. But now that she's expecting, we chatted to her at the launch Kellogg's new Special K recipe (available on shelves this week) to ask her about her pregnancy eating habits and whether or not she's made a shift in her fitness routine.
- Healthy recipes: As it goes, store-bought muesli can often be laden with sugar and added preservatives. That's why fitness guru, Michelle Bridges, has come up with a quick solution to make your own in her new cookbook. Michelle says the sweetness comes from cranberries and mango, while the flaxseed and wheatgerm really cranks it up into "super" territory. We were quick to taste and test this recipe out and can assure it's super easy as well as ridiculously tasty, just try it for yourself.
- Fitness products: If January was anything to go by, February is going to be an even bigger month for ticking off those New Year's resolutions. Not to mention, if there was ever a time to spruce up your workout wardrobe with a few must-have essentials, this is the month to do so. Why is that you ask? It's because our favourite health and fitness brands have stocked the shelves high with eye-catching pieces that are just begging to be worn to your next workout. We kid you not, you'll want to look shop in here.
Image Source: Shutterstock