If you're trying to cut down on carbs and calories, but you're obsessed with potato salad, this 138-calorie recipe is a must make. Instead of potatoes, this creamy dish is made with steamed cauliflower — seriously, is there anything this veggie can't do?!
Instead of mayo, this "potato" salad is made with almond yoghurt, so it's vegan and has no saturated fat or cholesterol. Naturally flavoured with red wine vinegar, fresh dill, and lemon juice, this creamy, tangy salad tastes amazing.
You'll love the soft texture of the cauliflower coupled with the crunchy celery and red onion. It's the perfect side dish to make for your next barbecue — everyone will be asking for the recipe!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
150 g plain almond milk yoguurt
3 tablespoons red wine or apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped (leave a little extra for garnish)
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 red onion, diced
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the cauliflower until tender. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by mixing together the almond milk yoghurt, vinegar, oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, and dill.
- Add the celery and red onion to the bowl of cauliflower.
- Mix in the dill dressing, salt, and pepper.
- Chill for at least three hours or overnight.
- Side Dishes
- 4 servings
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving