Everyone is going to thank you for making this refreshing salad. Crafted with basic ingredients, it's not only low in calories, but it's also a great way to combine the flavours of cucumbers, tomatoes, and coriander. We don't blame you if you eat this salad every single day — it's that good.
At under 300 calories, one serving offers almost 12 grams of fibre and 10 grams of protein, so after enjoying one crunchy bite after another, you'll feel full, satisfied, and energised. With such a high fibre and water content, this recipe will be the weapon you need to prevent the dreaded bloated belly.
This salad is all about the veggies, more like a salsa-meets-salad without a traditional dressing. But if you prefer your salad dressed, whip up this lime vinaigrette. It also tastes better after marinating in the lime juice for a while, so you could easily make this the night before eating.
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups corn
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (I used half red, half yellow)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cucumber, black beans, corn, red capsicum, cherry tomatoes, and chopped coriander in a bowl. Squeeze the fresh juice from the lime onto the salad, and stir well.
- Mix in the avocado, season with salt and pepper, and enjoy.
Image Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 15 mins
- Calories per serving