Give you hips and lower back some love with Butterfly Pose:
- From plank position, drop your knees to the floor and sit on your butt. Bend both knees, and bring your feet together.
- Using your hands, open your feet up like a book. Use your muscles to press your knees down toward the floor.
- Lengthen your spine, drawing your belly button toward your spine. Relax your shoulders, and gaze either in front of you or toward your feet.
- Stay here for 30 seconds, and then slowly begin to fold forward, drawing your torso toward your legs.
- Keep your hands on your feet, pressing your knees down with your arms, or if you want more of a stretch, extend your arms out in front of you.
- Fold forward to increase the intensity, and hold for an additional 30 seconds.
Photo by Jenny Sugar