Everyone's Reading. . . 20 Healthy Habits to Start Now & How to Get a Faster Metabolism
- Healthy living tips: So you're in your 20's — young, youthful and at your physical peak. While this is a great time to try out new things and generally just have fun, it's also the perfect time to put in place habits that will shape the state of your health for years to come. Think of it as laying the foundations for your future self, and think about how you'd like to look and feel later on in life. Timing is everything, which mean it's time to start now with these 20 healthy habits.
- Weight loss: There are things you can't help about your own metabolism, like aging and genetics, but they don't have the final say in how revved up it can be. If you feel like your metabolism could use a boost, check out what works (and what doesn't) below.
- Healthy eating tips: Have you ever considered eating the skin of a watermelon or onion? If the answer is no, we've got more than a few reasons that might make you think again. It's not uncommon to just peel away the skin of a fruit or vegetable to get straight to the good stuff, but what you might not know is that along with the skin you're throwing away valuable health-boosting nutrients. Yep, it's true. Even garlic skin is better left on, see why here.
- Review: There's yoga that makes you sweat, and even yoga that makes you fly, but now there's a new yoga phenom with a funky, funky beat. The studio in Sydney's Bondi — Yoga213 — might not be the first of its kind with it's sister studio being based in Melbourne, but it has definitely been making waves this side of town.
- Gluten free: For the phone savvy users, these apps will be a godsend to anyone following a gluten free lifestyle. Need to find somewhere to dine out or track your digestive habits? No problem, these downloadable apps are that clever. They'll take the stress out of everyday woes and make eating gluten free, easy.
- Workout wear: St. Paddy's day might be over, but we think green workout wear is cool enough to wear any day of the week. Shop 10 of our favourite green gym gear pieces here.