High in fibre, vitamin C, and vitamin A, this raw rainbow salad will add some colour and flavour to a day of detox. The water content in romaine works to hydrate your body while the high fibre content in the red cabbage and carrots aid in healthy digestion. All of these veggies are in season throughout Spring, so you can make this recipe a staple in your healthy, clean diet.
For a balanced lunch or light dinner after a late yoga class, serve this quick and easy salad with a healthy helping of fresh, creamy avocado or a piece of roasted fish. Ready to taste? Keep reading for this simple salad recipe.
- 1 small head purple cabbage, grated
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, grated
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup tahini dressing (recipe below)
- For dressing:
- 1/2 cup raw tahini
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a high-powered blender, puree all the roasted tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and sea salt together until very smooth. Set aside 1/2 cup of the dressing for your salad, and store the rest in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Combine the cabbage, lettuce, and carrots in a large bowl, toss with your dressing, and serve immediately.
- Main Dishes
- Serves six
- Calories per serving