Think that quick and convenient food can't be healthy? This recipe from dietitian Julie Upton, MS, RD, of Appetite for Health proves that it is totally possible to put together a hearty and healthy meal in well under 10 minutes. Offering 22 grams of protein and 43 percent of your daily recommended fibre, this oh-so-easy recipe satisfies hunger as it supports your weight-loss goals. Assemble all your ingredients tonight, and pack it up for an easy lunch at work tomorrow.
Feel free to include your favourite veggie burger in this recipe.
- 1 frozen veggie burger
- 1/2 cup black beans, cooked
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/3 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup salsa, divided
- 30 grams sharp cheddar cheese
- Microwave your veggie burger according to package instructions, and set aside. Then, microwave your black beans for 30 to 45 seconds until evenly heated.
- Start assembling your salad layer by layer starting with lettuce, then brown rice, black beans, and half your salsa.
- Slide on your veggie burger, the remainder of your salsa, and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Enjoy immediately, or pack up for lunch tomorrow.
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- 1 burrito bowl
- Calories per serving