Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Steph Wong
Looking for a tasty yet healthy breakfast to eat on the go? This DIY granola bar is a satisfying and sweet make-ahead idea that you will lovel. With this versatile recipe can easily incorporate your favourite dried fruit, nuts, or whatever you happen to have in your cupboards — we added chia seeds to mix!
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Victor Verdugo
- 1 cup almond butter
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup dried cranberries
3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 175ºC. Spray a 9-inch square pan with canola cooking spray.
- Combine almond butter and honey in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan over medium-high flame. Whisk until melted — 3-5 minutes. If your almond butter is really thick, add a little water or canola oil to this mixture to thin it out.
- Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add in oats, almonds, cranberries, and chia seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely and cut into nine equal squares.
Protein: 12.4 g
Carbohydrate: 37.5 g
Dietary Fibre: 9.054 g
Total Sugars: 13.7 g
Total Fat: 24 g
Saturated Fat: 1.995 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Calcium: 165.7 mg
Sodium: 4.144 mg
- North American
- 9 bars