Planks are one of the best exercises you can do if you're looking to strengthen and sculpt your midsection. If you've already mastered the elbow plank and the side plank, try this variation to really fire up your abs. Here's how to do it:
- Start face down on the floor resting on your forearms and knees.
- Push off the floor, raising up off your knees onto your toes and resting mainly on your elbows.
- Contract your abdominals to keep yourself up and prevent your booty from sticking up.
- Keep your back flat — don't let it droop or you'll be defeating the purpose. Picture your body as a long straight board, or plank.
- With a flat back, use your elbows you pull your body forward, then come back to your starting position. Be sure to keep your neck and spine in a neutral position. This completes one rep.
- Do 12 reps, rest for 30-60 seconds, and complete two more sets.
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Tamara Pridgett