Similar to the "knees and toes" exercise, this quick skip move will tone your lower abs, tighten your core, and work your legs (especially the calves!) and booty.
Here's a quick tutorial on this quick skip motion — it's so similar to high knees, but you're springing off your standing foot to add an extra challenge.
- Begin by standing with your feet hip-width apart.
- Make a fist with both hands and bend the elbows to where your hands are about level with your chin.
- Drive the right knee up, twist your torso to the right, and bring the knee to meet your left elbow.
- Immediately repeat with the left knee meeting your right elbow, and do this in a hopping motion while staying on the balls of your feet.
- Keep your abdominal muscles engaged as your knees come up, squeeze the side oblique muscles as you twist.