Feeling like you're not ready to let Summer go? Here's a summery-tasting, refreshing snack you can whip up in under 20 minutes.
These lemon protein balls are made with just five ingredients: raw almonds, vanilla protein powder, juicy dates, lemon juice, and unsweetened cconut. How simple is that?
These soft and naturally sweet balls of lemony goodness are just 49 calories apiece. So when you snack on three, you'll be getting 3.3 grams of fibre and over seven grams of protein.
Make up a batch to store in the fridge to nosh on for a quick bite or to cure your insatiable sweet tooth. These are too good not to make!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder (I used Vega Performance Protein; 41 g)
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (for rolling)
- Place almonds and protein powder in a food processor and process until a powder forms.
- Add dates and lemon juice, and process until dough forms.
- Roll into balls, then roll each into the shredded coconut.
- For a firmer consistency, store balls in an airtight container in the fridge.
Source: Calorie Count
- 24 balls
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- Calories per serving