- 1 1/4 cups apple juice, divided
1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
1 teaspoon nutmeg, divided
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1/4 cup pecans, crushed
- Preheat oven to 175ºC and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add 1 cup of apple juice and simmer for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the juice has reduced into a thick syrup. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Core apples. Take 2 apples and slice horizontally into 1" planks. The core should be in the centre of each slice. Arrange apple slices on baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Bake apples for 18 to 24 minutes or until softened and slightly browned.
- Small dice remaining apple and add to a clean saucepan over medium heat with the rest of the apple pie spice, 1/4 cup of apple juice, and coconut sugar. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until apples have softened and liquid has cooked down. Remove from heat and add in pecans.
- Assemble by laying down an apple slice and top with a spoonful of filling. Add another slice and spoonful of filling until you've reconstructed your apple. Top with a generous spoonful of your favourite dairy-free whipped "cream" and a drizzle of apple juice caramel.
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds