In charge of cooking a romantic dinner for two this evening, and no idea where to start? Michelle Bridges is one step ahead. This chicken salad with beans and peas (which means lots of fibre and iron) is not only healthy and delicious, but also quick to prepare if you know you're running short of time. And to finish it off, put your culinary skills to work and whip-up Lorna Jane's pistachio-dipped strawberries. Now that's a meal to be impressed about.
- 250g skinless chicken breast, trimmed
Freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil spray
100g green beans, trimmed
100g snow peas, trimmed
½ cup (60 g) frozen peas
¼ cup (70 g) no-fat Greek-style yoghurt
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
½ garlic clove
400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Season the chicken with black pepper.
- Lightly spray a char-grill pan with olive oil and heat on medium–high.
- Cook the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes, adding the snow peas and frozen peas for the last 2 minutes.
- Drain and cool in iced water. Drain.
- Process the yoghurt, mint and garlic together until smooth.
- Thickly slice the chicken. Arrange the beans, peas and chicken on a serving plate. Drizzle with the dressing.
Michelle Bridges Superfoods Cookbook: The facts, the foods and the recipes — feel great, get fit and lose weight. Photography by Henryk Lobaczewski and Julie Renouf, published by Viking.
- Main Dishes
- Calories per serving