- For sandwiches:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sweetener (or sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups quick oats
- For creamy filling:
- 3 ripe bananas
3 tablespoons natural peanut butter (I prefer crunchy)
3 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until fluffy. Pour the flour mixture and oats into the bowl and mix well.
- Place one inch balls of dough on cookie sheets. You'll have enough dough for 36 small cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, removing from oven when the edges are slightly tan. After a minute transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- While the cookies are baking and cooling, prepare the filling. In a bowl mash the bananas with the peanut butter and honey.
- Place a dollop of filling on one half of the bottom of a cookie and then top it with another cookie.
Makes about 18 sandwiches.
- Cookies, Desserts