For a new vegan, finding quality sources of protein can be a struggle. When you're focused on eliminating certain foods, getting you're recommended 46 grams of protein doesn't always come naturally.
Hearty salads filled to brim with fresh produce are a staple of any clean-eating, vegan-friendly program, but they don't always offer all the protein your body needs. Instead of chugging a huge protein shake to get those extra grams, these healthy salad ingredients will help bring adequate protein to your next big salad.
- Sun-dried tomatoes (12 pieces): 6 grams
- Almonds (25 kernels): 6.4 grams
- Lima beans (one-half cup, cooked): 7.3 grams
- Quinoa (one cup, cooked): 8.1 grams
- Lentils (one-half cup, cooked): 8.9 grams
- Chickpeas (one-fourth cup): 9.7 grams
- Edamame (one cup, frozen): 12 grams
- Firm tofu (115 grams): 14.4 grams
- Tempeh (100 grams): 18.2 grams
Have you recently taken on a vegan plan? What are your favourite protein-packed ingredients to add to your salad? Share below!