Craving that pumpkin pie flavour this time of year? This is the perfect snack as it is easy to make, involves no processed ingredients, and is lower in calories than a slice of pumpkin pie or a pumpkin spice latte.
All you need to make these homemade bars (that will remind your Larabars) are cashews, dates, and a few spices. These bars are slightly smaller than the bars you'd buy, which means they're lower in calories too, just 122 per bar.
Each chewy pumpkin spice bar offers almost three grams of protein and 1.2 grams of fibre, all for just 6.1 grams of carbs.
This recipe makes a batch of 12 so you can keep the rest in the fridge for later. They take less than 45 minutes to make and will help you save a little money, too.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups Medjool dates, pitted (about 12)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor until a sticky dough forms.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Press the dough evenly into the pan.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour to firm up slightly, which will make it easier to cut into bars.
- Place the large bar on a cutting board and cut into 12 bars.
Source: Calorie Count
- 12 servings
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- Calories per serving