We're always on the hunt for ways we can make getting up in the mornings more bearable. Whether it's going to bed a little earlier the night before, hiding the alarm clocks on the other side of the room or downing a litre of water as soon as you open your eyes, sometimes there's not a lot you can do to make mornings OK . . . except to get out of bed and get moving. I know, I know, this is the hardest thing to commit to on those mornings when you've slept a solid eight hours but feel like it was only four milliseconds, but especially on those horrible mornings, let these quick and easy exercises inject your tired, weary body with just enough energy to get you through until it's bed time again.
- Jump on your foam roller for 10 minutes to get your blood flowing and your muscles warm and ready to help you face the day.
- Stay in your pyjamas for a Pilates roll down. It's a brilliant way to stretch your spine and massage your stomach awake.
- Prepare for your desk-bound day with some simple hip-opening stretches that you can definitely do with your eyes shut.
- Blast your body (and tone your butt) with this four-move workout you can do beside your bed in less than 10 minutes.
- Meditate! It sounds crazy to wake up only to fall asleep meditating, but if you're waking up with a cloudy mind this is the best way to clear your head. For a completely zen start to your day 20-30 minutes is ideal but 10-15 minutes will also help.
- Stretch your body with an exercise made for creating long lean limbs.
- If you really want to kick-start your tired mind into gear, it's time to try burpees — yep, burpees. Just 10 quick ones in between jumping out of bed and into the shower is guaranteed to wake you up while burning more calories than a run. You can't get much easier than that.