If you've got a hankering for a chewy peanut butter cookie but think you can't have one because of the gluten, then this recipe will make your day. Full of sweet peanut-buttery goodness, you wouldn't even know they're made without a pinch of flour.
They're made with gluten-free oats and a handful of other ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, and as an added bonus, they cook up golden brown in less than 10 minutes.
Keep reading to find out how to make these simple 87-calorie cookies.
- 1/2 cup organic chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a small bowl, use an electric mixer to cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- Add rolled oats and baking soda to creamed mixture, and mix well.
- Line two baking sheets with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Roll dough into two-inch balls, and press to flatten on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for eight minutes or until the cookies turn slightly brown.
- Cool cookies on a rack, and store leftovers in an airtight container.
Source: Calorie Count
- Cookies, Desserts
- 18 cookies
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving
- 87 per cookie