In honour of ANZAC Day on (April 25), this very easy and delicious Anzac cookie recipe by "the healthy chef", Teresa Cutter is the perfect healthy alternative to work into your iso-baking schedule . Made with oats, coconut, almonds and macadamia oil — known for its heart-healthy and anti-inflammatory properties — these biscuits are the perfect treat for Saturday's day of remembrance. So, who says you need to miss out on tradition!
Read on for the recipe and happy baking, again.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup flaked or chopped almonds
2 1/2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil, cold pressed coconut or olive oil
2 tablespoons honey or your alternative (organic maple syrup or rice syrup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 tablespoon water
- Combine oats, coconut and almonds into a food processor.
Add the oil, honey and vanilla.
- Turn on the food processor and mix well for about 15 – 30 seconds or until combined.
- Form into 20 small cookies and place onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Flatten down with enough room around each cookie.
- Bake for 20 -30 minutes in a low 150°C (300°F) oven. Or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before eating and enjoy.
Makes 20 Anzac cookies. Store in an airtight container for 5 days.
- Serves 20