There is more to the mighty chickpea than hummus or as a healthy salad topping, and this cookie dough recipe is proof. Vegan and gluten-free, this simple dip is an excellent source of fiber and protein in one sweet, healthy snack. While you shouldn't bake it in the oven, it's a tasty alternative to raw cookie dough.
Forget the unhealthy days of chowing down on the pre-packaged stuff, and try this easy recipe instead.
Serve with apple slices, pretzels, or anything else you think would complement the dough "dip" well.
- 1 cup chickpeas, skins removed, patted dry
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and agave in a blender or food processor. Blend until it's a fine puree.
- Remove cookie dough mixture from blender, and place in a large bowl. Add vegan chocolate chips, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Cookies, Desserts
- Makes 6 servings
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Calories per serving