Have you ever tried incorporating peaches into meals. Roasting peaches is an easy way to bring out even more flavour, and using them on toast is a fun (and delicious) way to feature something unexpected on the traditional toasts. Paired with basil, this naturally sweet treat also packs a protein punch because of Greek yoghurt. Cut them up and share as appetisers, or enjoy a whole slice for breakfast.
Sliced fruit makes a pretty presentation and is quick and easy to assemble — see tips in recipe.
If desired, make this recipe decadent by replacing the yoghurt with ricotta cheese.
- 1 to 2 peaches, depending on desired number of toasts
3 to 4 slices hearty bread
1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 to 3 basil leaves
Olive oil for brushing
Honey for drizzling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 205°C.
- Cut peaches in half lengthwise (from pole to pole). Brush cut sides with olive oil and place flat side down on a lined baking sheet.
- Roast peaches for 30 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Brush bread with olive oil and bake at 205°C for 10 minutes, or until turning golden brown.
- Meanwhile, stir the vanilla and honey into the Greek yoghurt and set aside.
- When peaches are cooled, slice thinly. Placing the center down will make even slicing a cinch.
- Spread the Greek yoghurt mixture over toasts.
- Add the peach layer — to arrange peach slices quickly and evenly, hold the sliced half in both hands and fan out the slices like playing cards. Place directly on prepared toasts.
- Garnish with chopped basil. Use kitchen scissors for quick, superfine cutting.
- 2 to 3 servings
- Total Time
- 39 minutes, 59 seconds