Not a fan of the stronger, slightly bitter, nuttier flavour of tempeh? Then you'll adore this maple, tamari, ginger, and cumin marinade. It's simple, bold, and perfect for warming up on a chilly day.
All you need is one pan and 15 minutes to prep. Just mix everything together, and in half an hour, a satisfying, hearty dinner will be ready for tonight or to add to containers for a few of the week's lunches. This 370-calorie recipe is perfect on its own, but can also be served over regular rice, cauliflower rice, quinoa, or in a wrap.
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can prep it on Sunday to use later in the week. Marinate the tempeh in one container and keep the cut-up veggies in another. When you're ready to make dinner, throw everything on a pan, mix together with two tablespoons olive oil, roast for 30 minutes and yum!
- 1 package tempeh (I used the one made with soy and rice)
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the tempeh into small cubes and place in a medium bowl.
- In a small dish, mix together the tamari, one tablespoon of olive oil, maple syrup, ground ginger, and cumin. Drizzle over the tempeh, mixing together to coat every piece, then set aside.
- While the tempeh is marinating, dice the sweet potato, pepper, and onion. Place the veggies on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the tempeh and mix everything well.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stir, and roast for another 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Main Dishes, Tofu
- 3 servings
- Total Time
- 30 minutes