There's a definite chill in the air today, so what better time to stock up on hearty vegetables and foods for a soup that will keep you warm all Winter long. This recipe for Spicy Asian Chicken Soup from Mai Haven is exactly that — packed to the brim with healthy and delicious ingredients, and just enough spice! Want to whip-up a steamy bowl right now? You're only one click away!
- 1 x 250 gram packet of shirataki noodles like SlendierSlim
200 grams cooked lean chicken breast (skin removed)
1 cup chicken stock
2 cups of water
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 teaspoons reduced salt soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic crushed
5 cm piece ginger finely grated
2 red bulls eye chilli deseeded and sliced thinly
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1/2 cup sliced carrot
1/4 cup sliced button mushrooms
1/4 cup thinly sliced red capsicum
5 cm piece lemon grass
lime to garnish
- Prepare shirataki noodles as per instructions on pack and set aside.
- In a blender or Mortar and Pestle add lemon grass, chilli, garlic, coriander, ginger and soy sauce. Blend to form a paste.
- Place chicken stock, water and tomato paste into pot and gently bring to boil. Reduce heat and add sliced carrot.
- Add spice mixture, sliced mushroom and capsicum to pot. Simmer gently until vegetables are tender.
- Slice chicken breast and add to the soup and simmer for three to five minutes.
- Add prepared pasta to pot and remove from heat.
- Garnish with lime wedges and Thai basil.
- Other Asian