Think caramel apples are way too decadent to enjoy? At 560 calories, one apple is definitely way too much! Make these caramel apple bites instead.
You only need four ingredients: dates, soy milk, apples, and the topping of your choice. These vegan treats are actually healthy enough to have for a snack. And at 51 calories a piece, go ahead and have a few.
If you don't want to make balls, just cut the apple in slices instead.
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted (about 12)
- 3 tablespoons vanilla soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 apples
- 24 cake pop sticks or toothpicks
- Toppings of your choice: chopped nuts, shredded coconut, chopped chocolate, or sprinkles
- Place the dates, soy milk, and vanilla in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. The consistency is thick like nut butter, but if you like it thinner, add another tablespoon of soy milk.
- Use a melon baller or a metal teaspoon to scoop out balls from the apple. Each apple will make about 12 balls.
- Poke a stick into each ball then dip into the caramel mixture. Use the back of a metal spoon to smooth the caramel evenly.
- Roll each apple in the topping.
- Enjoy now or store in the fridge for later.
The below nutritional info is for one caramel apple topped with salted peanuts.
Source: Calorie Count
- 24 pieces
- Total Time
- 30 minutes
- Calories per serving