If you've got a sweet tooth but you're trying to make healthier choices, this raw, vegan, dairy free and gluten free, Chocolate Fudge Tart is for you. Created by Jess Thomson aka @mindfullyjess, it's quick, easy and mouthwateringly delicious.
Trust us when we say you only need a tiny slice to become highly addicted . . .
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup pitted medjool dates
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp rice malt or maple syrup (if mixture is dry)
1 cup cashews, soaked for a few hours.
1/3 cup Califia Farms Chocolate Coconut Almond Blend
1/2 cup melted chocolate Easter Eggs (dairy-free to keep recipe plant-based)
- Process the nuts into fine pieces in a food processor.
- Add in the medjool dates and salt, and pulse until the mixture combines evenly.
- Add a dash of syrup if extra moisture is needed to get the base to stick together.
- Press into a cake tin. If you don't have a cake tin a quiche tin will work just as well.
- Drain and rinse the cashews well. Add them to a high-powered blender along with the Califia Farms Chocolate Coconut Almond Blend and the melted chocolate Easter eggs. Then blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into the base and smooth out. Place the tart into the freezer to firm up.
- When ready to serve, decorate with fresh berries, almonds and coconut. Enjoy this slice after a few minutes out of the freezer, but for best results store in the freezer until ready eat!
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds