If you're one of those legendary humans who has just started Dry July, good on you! I wish I could join you in your endeavours, however July is my birthday month so I don't see that happening. One thing that would make it much easier if I were to join you though, would be a delicious mocktail recipe like the one below from food scientist, registered nutritionist and founder of NourishmeOrganics.com.au, Kriben Govender.
Kriben has created a Mint and Lime Kombucha Mojito that not only tastes just as good as the real thing, it's good for your gut too. "This cocktail is based on the classic mojito but unlike the original version it is rich in natural vitamin C, vitamin B, antioxidants and minerals that help to maintain a happy and healthy gut," says Kriben.
On top of that, it's super easy to make. Scroll for the recipe.
- 1.7L of Homemade Kombucha (from First Fermentation)
2 Sprigs of Fresh Mint Leaves
2 Tbsp Rapadura Sugar or Coconut Sugar (Optional)
- First, squeeze the limes to produce fresh lime juice.
- Combine the lime juice with mint leaves, a splash of kombucha and sugar (if using).
- Strain mixture through wire mesh sieve and collect minty lime juice.
- Pour kombucha into fermentation bottles and equally distribute mint lime juice into bottles.
- Allow to ferment for 3-10 days.
- Chill before serving. Enjoy!
- Serves 2
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds