Just Starting Noom? These Healthy, Green Snacks Can Help Fuel Your Day
Staying energized throughout the day is hard, no matter who you are (or how many cups of coffee you drank that morning). The midday slump is real! And when you’re trying a new diet, and you’re suddenly so much more keenly aware of how often you reached for a snack to regain your focus, it can feel impossible to stay on task. Here’s the thing, though: snacks can help keep you fueled and still fit within your plan.
If you’re trying the increasingly popular Noom program, then you know that the majority of your calories should come from the less-calorie-dense foods in Noom’s yellow and green categories. Green foods include things like fresh vegetables, fruits, nonfat dairy, and whole grains, and they’re essentially free on the Noom plan – meaning, you can eat as much of these foods as you want, as long as you stay within your calorie budget. So, if you’re going to snack, try to go green! The ideas below are delicious, and unlike chips or cookies, they won’t cause you to crash later (win-win).
- Apple slices dipped in nonfat cottage cheese
- Oatmeal made with water and topped with raspberries
- Nonfat Greek yogurt with blueberries
- Orange slices
- Carrot sticks and cucumber slices with nonfat cottage cheese
- Whole-wheat toast with nonfat cream cheese
- Strawberry, banana, and blueberry fruit salad
- Fruit and veggie smoothie, blended with nonfat Greek yogurt, unsweetened soy milk, and ice
- Pears, watermelon, pineapple, peaches, or other in-season fruit