Push-ups require no equipment and barely any space so they make for a great low-impact workout to make your back stronger and leaner.
- Begin in a high plank position with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart (since we are targeting your back).
- Brace your core by drawing your navel in toward your spine.
- Keeping your back flat, begin to lower your body toward the floor until your chin almost touches it. Remember to look down toward the floor between your hands to keep a neutral spine, and don't let your elbows flare out. Keep them close to your sides.
- With your core still engaged, begin pushing up, back into starting position.
- Do three sets of 10 reps.