Overhead Ball Throws
A medicine ball adds weight to this move to make it extra effective.
- Find a wall that you can throw a medicine ball against without hitting anything (fire alarms, lights, etc.). Ideally, there will be a wall in your gym designated for activities like this one.
- Stand facing the wall in a neutral stance holding an appropriately weighted medicine ball (six to 12 pounds). Your feet should be slightly wider than hip-width apart.
- Hold the medicine ball in front of your chest. Squat down toward the floor.
- As you rise from the squat, forcefully throw the ball as high as you can against the wall.
- The ball should fall back into your hands. Immediately catch it and begin moving into the squat to repeat the sequence.
- Do three sets of 10 reps.