The Superman is a great way to strengthen your lower back and tone your glutes.
- Lie on the floor face down.
- Lift your chest a few inches off the floor.
- Next, lift your arms and point them out in front of you to create a Y shape. Hold for a three-count.
- Keeping your chest off the floor, move your arms directly out to your sides (so that they are pointing out to the right and left) into a T shape. Squeeze your shoulder blades together and hold for a three-count.
- With your chest still off the floor, move your arms into an A shape by bringing them by your sides (or pointing backward behind you). Squeeze your shoulder blades and hold for a three-count.
- Relax and lower your chest to the floor. That was one round.
- You can make this harder by holding light dumbbells (two to five pounds).