This move is great to fix your posture, by strengthening your core, but also works your calves, quads, hamstrings, and shins.
- Begin in a standing position with your feet about hip-width apart.
- Get your arms in the "ready" position as if you are about to take off jogging. Your elbows will be bent at a 90-degree angle, your fists will be lightly closed, and your arms should be near your sides.
- Begin by driving your right knee up as high as you can toward your chest. Aim to get your knee at least up to waist level. Your left arm will pump backward simultaneously, giving your body momentum. You are literally sprinting in place.
- As the right leg touches down, immediately bring your left knee up toward your chest. This time your right arm will pump backward.
- Be sure that you stay on the balls of your feet the entire time – your heels should never slam down on the floor. Move quickly and with great driving force.