- Attach a triceps rope handle to the pulley on the carriage of a cable station. Adjust the carriage so that it's near the top third of the machine. The exact position will vary based on your height.
- Next, select the amount of resistance you want — 22.5 pounds is a great starting point. As you begin to become more comfortable with the movement, feel free to increase the weight.
- Facing the pulley, come into a kneeling position approximately one and a half feet away from the machine.
- Grab the triceps rope handles and brace your core. You should feel a light stretch in your abs; if not, increase the weight. Make sure your weight is in your shins.
- Simultaneously pull both handles with bent arms and perform a crunch. Your elbows should be parallel to your thighs.
- With control, return to the starting position as you maintain tension on the pulley. That completes one repetition.