Good Mornings — Highlight Your Hamstrings
These give your hamstrings a nice stretch. Similar to your long stretch in the mornings when you wake up, this is the "good morning" stretch for your hammies. Sarah said, "If you can do these properly without weight, it's time to add a barbell across your back. Start with a 20-pound straight bar and work your way up to heavier weight. Always watch your form in a mirror."
- Place the barbell of your choice across the back of your neck and shoulders.
- Hold it with your hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart and palms facing forward. Your elbows will be pointing down toward the floor.
- Place your feet hip-width apart, keeping a slight bend in your knees.
- Begin by bracing your abs and hinging forward from your hips. Keep your back straight while you push your butt backward.
- When your back is almost parallel to the floor, pause. You should feel the stretch in your hamstrings.
- In a controlled manner, begin moving back to the standing position.
- This completes one repetition. Do three sets of 10-12.