Single Leg Deadlift With Single-Arm Press and Hip Flexion
This one-sided deadlift variation works your glutes, hamstrings, hip flexors, and core.
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand, on the side of your elevated foot.
- Engage your core and keep your spine neutral as you begin to hinge at your hips, pushing your hips backward. At the same time, lift your left leg off the ground. Be sure to keep your left foot dorsiflexed (don't point your toes). Continue to hinge at your hips until your back is parallel to the ground; your leg should be in line with your back. Your back should be flat, and your head and neck should be in a neutral position.
- Return to your standing position without placing your elevated foot on the ground. Once you're upright, drive your elevated knee up, creating a 90-degree angle at your knee joint. Your foot should still be dorsiflexed.
- As you drive you knee up, press the dumbbell overhead. Be sure to stay tall and keep your core engaged throughout the entire movement.
- This counts as one rep. Complete six reps on each side.