Work your biceps, shoulder, triceps, and upper back without disrupting your centre, Parrish says.
- Come standing tall with your feet hip-width apart. Draw your navel into your spine and up into your ribcage.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together on your back as you pull your front lower ribs together — this is your powerhouse. Don't let it go until you have finished this whole series.
- With your arms at your sides, bend them to make 90-degree angles with your elbows slightly behind you and your palms facing up.
- Inhale, without losing your powerhouse, extend your arms forward like you were passing a tray to someone directly in front of you.
- Reach the energy through your fingertips as you draw your ribs back. And don't let your hands and arms go higher than shoulder height.
- Exhale, use your back and the back of your shoulders to draw your elbows back into your waist.
- Repeat 10 times.