Image Source:'Images and text from The Fit Foodie Meal Prep Plan by Sally O'Neil, photography by Sally O'Neil. Murdoch Books ($35).
If you're anything like me and your eyes are bigger than your belly, this is a recipe you should bookmark. Sally O'Neil otherwise known as The Fit Foodie on Instagram has shared with her recipe for Left Over Vegetable Bake just in time for Winter.
Not only is this vegetable bake absolutely delicious, it's also a great way to avoid waste and bring your leftovers back to life.
Make this into portable snacks by using a silicone muffin tin instead and reducing the baking time.
- 2 cups leftover cooked vegetables
1/2 cup leftover fresh herbs chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) milk of your choice
25 g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Slice or chop the veg and toss them together in a baking dish.
- Mix together the eggs, herbs, milk and any additional flavours you like and pour it over the vegetables.
- Top with parmesan (if using) and bake for 30–40 minutes until set in the middle.
- Cool for 10 minutes before devouring.
- Main Dishes
- Serves 6
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 40 minutes
- Total Time
- 49 minutes, 59 seconds