A chilly night in calls for some serious comfort food, think curries, soups and casseroles. This delicious Green Split Pea Dahl with Cauliflower Rice created by Sam Wood is the perfect choice. Loaded with healthy vegetables, herbs and spices, you just know that it's going to be a crowd favourite.
While this recipes only serves 3, you can always double the measurements to include the whole family.
Scroll for the recipe.
- 3 teaspoon(s) olive oil (extra virgin)
3/4 Onion (brown) diced
3 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger finely chopped
3/4 red chilli finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric (ground or fresh)
3/4 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
1 cup(s) McKenzie's Green Split Peas rinsed
2 cup(s) coconut milk (from carton)
Salt & pepper to taste
3 teaspoon(s) olive oil (extra virgin)
4.5 cup(s) cauliflower blitzed into rice consistency
3 cup(s) baby spinach roughly chopped
- In a medium saucepan over low-medium heat, add the olive oil and onion and sauté
for 3 minutes until the onion begins to golden.
- Add the ginger and chilli and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Next, add the ground turmeric and coriander and sauté for a further minute until aromatic.
- Add the split peas, coconut milk, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, until the split peas are soft and ready. If more liquid is needed, add water as necessary.
- Just before the dahl is finished, heat the cauliflower rice in a frying pan with a drizzle
of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the spinach through the dahl to wilt it.
- Serve the dahl alongside the cauliflower rice.
- Serves 3
- Prep Time
- 10 Minutes
- Cook Time
- 30 Minutes
- Total Time
- 39 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving