Since the outbreak started, doctors and health officials have recommended wearing face masks, while it doesn't necessarily mean you're safe from the virus — it's a very effective way to protect both yourself and the people around you.
Since the main means of COVID-19 transmission is respiratory droplets, a mask can act as a barrier against the droplets leaving peoples noses and mouths as they exhale, cough, or sneeze, minimising the spread of the virus. Especially if that person is asymptomatic and unaware they're carrying the virus.
While we'd recommend using a reusable mask as they're better for the environment, there are some medical-grade, single-use face masks available online that could be handy to store in your car, handbag or office draws to incase yourself or others with you forget a mask.
- Chemist Warehouse Softmed Face Masks, $40 for 50
- National Health Australia Face Mask 3 Ply Disposable, $65 for 50
- Kogan 3 Ply Medical Grade Disposable Face Mask, $56 for 50
- PharmacyDirect Disposable Face Mask for Adults, $80 for 50
- Clinical Supplies 3-ply disposable masks, $70 for 50
- Get A Mask Australia Medium barrier Procedural Face Mask, $79 for 50