It's always fun to put a new spin on a classic favourite. Enter: this apple, cranberry, and brie grilled cheese. It's so much more fun than just a plain grilled cheese, and dare I say it's the perfect fall meal? Yep, I'm saying it!
This recipe from Recipe Girl evokes the colder weather with fall and winter flavours like apple and cranberry. The sweetness from the apple and the tartness from the cranberry are toned down by the creamy cheese, which is gooey, melty, and oh so good. But the best part? There's a little bit of Sauvignon Blanc in the recipe, too. You can easily leave that out if you want a booze-free version, but it's a nice touch to include and gives it a really unique kick that ties all the ingredients together. Find the whole recipe ahead, and make it for yourself at home!
- 4 sturdy slices sourdough bread (don't use soft bread)
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup Sauvignon Blanc
8 ounces chilled brie (rind removed), cut into thin slices
1 medium Honeycrisp apple, cut into thin slices
1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- Butter the four slices of bread on the outside (butter-side down on the skillet). Brush the inner sides of the bread with Sauvignon Blanc.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place two slices of bread (again, butter-side down) on the skillet. Top each slice with brie, sliced apple, and cranberry sauce. Place the other slices of bread on top, butter-side up. Place a lid on top of the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and let the sandwiches toast on the bottom. When the cheese looks like it's beginning to melt, take the lid off the skillet and use a spatula to check under the sandwiches. When they're golden brown, flip them gently.
- Toast the other side of the sandwich until golden brown. Serve and eat immediately with a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc!
- Main Dishes
- 2 sandwiches
- Prep Time
- 20 minutes
- Cook Time
- 8 minutes
- Total Time
- 27 minutes, 59 seconds