Churros are one of my favourite desserts, so it should come as no surprise that Disney's churro toffee and churro marshmallow wands are my go-to snacks when visiting the parks. The wand combines the classic cinnamon sugar taste with pillowy marshmallows and white chocolate for an irresistible sugar rush, and because so many people have been whipping up Disney treats at home, I knew I needed to give this one a try. The best part? They only take about an hour!
Making an assembly line will be the easiest way to make the wands.
Be sure to cover the marshmallow wands completely with each layer, not forgetting to do the top of the first marshmallow and bottom of the last marshmallow.
Let them firm up in the refrigerator before eating.
If you don't want to make wands, you could individually dip one marshmallow at a time for a bite-size treat.
- 9 marshmallows, divided into groups of three for each skewer
1 4.5 ounce bag of soft caramels
1 12 ounce bag of white chocolate chips
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Unwrap half of the bag of soft caramels and place in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave until the caramel is a smooth liquid consistency, mixing every 30 seconds.
- Place half of the bag of white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave until the chocolate is a smooth liquid consistency, mixing every 15-30 seconds.
- Set up an assembly line starting with the marshmallows, then caramel, then white chocolate, and ending with the cinnamon sugar.
- Dip the marshmallows in the caramel and shake off any excess. You only want a thin layer.
- Dip the marshmallows into the white chocolate and shake off any access. You only want a thin layer. If the caramel from the previous step is mixing in with white chocolate too much, place the wands into the fridge to allow the caramel to harden before dipping into the white chocolate.
- While the white chocolate is still loose, dip the marshmallow wands into the cinnamon sugar mixture and coat completely.
- Place completed wands on a plate and put into the refrigerator for at least one hour to harden before eating.
- 3 wands, or nine individual marshmallows
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 9 minutes, 59 seconds