After a long day of meetings and deadlines, all I want to do is curl up on the couch with something yummy, turn on my latest Netflix binge, and relax. My go-to feel good food? Pasta. I am my happiest with a big bowl of warm spaghetti in front of me (even in the summer), as I believe it cures even the most stressful days.
With just a few simple ingredients — most of which you probably already have in your kitchen — you can whip up this unforgettable pasta dish in just under 20 minutes. This easy sauce is incredibly flavourful and will give you a break from your everyday spaghetti and meatballs. And the crispy pancetta paired with the garlic and white wine is truly mouthwatering.
This recipe brings it back to Italian basics, and your kitchen will smell like your favourite trattoria with the aroma of garlic and basil. The ingredients compliment each other so well, you'll be wondering why you haven't tried this sooner.
Spaghetti or angel hair is the best type of pasta to use for this recipe, as they're light and hold the sauce really well, which gives you a savory bite in every forkful. And there's nothing quite like using fresh garlic for its aroma and flavour, but to save even more time, feel free to use jarred minced garlic if you prefer.
Pair this dish with a piece of crusty bread and a glass of red wine and your night will be instantly made.
For perfect "al dente" angel hair boil for 4 minutes.
- 1 pound angel hair
7-8 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 package (20-30) cherry tomatoes (halved)
1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes (chopped)
1 package of cubed pancetta
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of butter
1 cup white wine
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon of chopped basil (dried or fresh)
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley (dried or fresh)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
dash of salt & pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (to top with)
- Set a large pot of salted water on high heat to boil.
- On a second burner set your sauté pan to medium/high heat, throw in your 2 tablespoons of olive oil and your pancetta, let sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add your uncooked pasta to your water (set timer for 4 minutes if using angel hair - it cooks very fast).
- Add in your sun dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and a dash of salt and pepper to your sauce pan, and let sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove/strain your pasta, put into a serving dish or bowl, and set off to the side while you finish your sauce.
- Add your butter, garlic, and spices into your sauté pan, and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in your wine and chicken broth, mix well and let simmer for another 7 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium/low heat, pour in your coconut milk, and let simmer for another 2-3minutes.
- Turn off your burner and pour sauce over your cooked pasta, using tongs mix sauce into pasta fully.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta on top and enjoy!
- 4 Servings
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds