The Reveal Trailer For Assassin’s Creed Hexe Preps Us For Witchcraft
Ubisoft seems to be aware of the consensus that every Assassin’s Creed game is more or less the same, and is taking steps to shake up the formula. First with Assassin’s Creed Mirage, a compact experience that takes the series back to basics, and now with Assassin’s Creed Hexe. All we’ve seen of Hexe so far is the reveal trailer, but that’s been enough to make the game stand out.
The spooky trailer gives witchcraft vibes, from the ominous music to the Assassin’s Creed logo made out of twigs. The barking dogs seem to suggest a hunt, so maybe Hexe will be set during the witch trials. The recent Bloomberg report, which has been proven accurate so far, suggested the witch trials in the Holy Roman Empire.
None of this bodes well for the women in the game, but if Assassin’s Creed Hexe lets us play as a coven of pagan assassins using spells, curses and hidden blades to fight religious fanatics, I’m all in.
Ubisoft hasn’t revealed much about the game so far, but it has said it’s “taking a different approach to innovate in terms of gameplay” for Hexe. The trailer certainly looks different to anything we’ve seen in the series before. All signs point to a new kind of Assassin’s Creed game, perhaps even a horror game. We can dream!
The Assassin’s Creed Hexe release date hasn’t been confirmed yet, but it’s expected to come out after Mirage and Red, so we’ll most likely be waiting for this one for a while. That just gives Ubisoft more time to develop it, which is always a good thing.
Read more POPSUGAR gaming content below:
- Is ‘Tears of the Kingdom’ a Prequel to the First Ever Zelda Game? Lore Experts Think So
- “She’s a Top”: Anna Torv Answers All Our Questions About Tess In HBO’s ‘The Last of Us’
- 5 Games to Play Before Declaring ‘The Last of Us’ the GOAT
- Elden Ring Detectives Have Some Wild Theories About the DLC — Here Are the Best Ones
- Joel Finally Called Ellie “Baby Girl” In ‘The Last of Us’ and Fans Are Not Okay