The New Mario Kart 8 DLC Is Landing Next Week
Following the announcement during the latest Nintendo Direct, the next “Mario Kart 8 Deluxe” DLC is releasing on March 9. Wave 4 of the Booster Course Pass will add eight tracks, including a brand-new course called Yoshi’s Island, and a new character — Birdo from “Mario Kart Double Dash”.
Yoshi’s Island is inspired by “Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island” on Super NES, and includes lots of call-backs. From the DLC’s trailer alone, we’ve already spotted enemies like Chain Chomps, Paratroopers, and a gargantuan NepEnut. Winged Clouds have also been spied, which Yoshi can historically throw eggs at to reveal power-ups or trigger surprises.
After making her debut in “Double Dash”, Birdo appeared again in “Mario Kart Wii” and “Mario Kart Tour”. She’s introduced as Yoshi’s default racing partner, so it’s fitting she’s joining for the Yoshi’s Island update.
Every Course In the Wave 4 DLC
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Fruit Cup
- Tour Amsterdam Drift: Cruise from scenic city streets to fields full of colorful tulips in this Amsterdam-inspired course originating from the mobile game “Mario Kart Tour”.
- GBA Riverside Park: Through waterfalls and over bridges you’ll go in this jungle-themed course packed with sharp turns and towering greenery in this course that originated in “Mario Kart: Super Circuit”!
- Wii DK Summit: Soar to new heights and carve down the hills on this twisty, turny and wintry course featuring ramps galore and some cool sculptures of familiar friends. Just watch out for banana peels!
- Yoshi’s Island: Move and groove around this new and nostalgic course inspired by the “Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island” game on Super NES! Flutter your feet over to the winner’s circle as you zoom through flower covered hills and over cloud-dotted skies — and is that a gargantuan NepEnut?!
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Boomerang Cup
- Tour Bangkok Rush: Golden skies, shimmering waterways and stunning sights aplenty are calling your name on this course that originated in “Mario Kart Tour”.
- DS Mario Circuit: It might be called Mario Circuit, but this “Mario Kart DS” inspired course prominently features none other than Peach’s Castle among its blossoming trees and manicured lawns – complete with a winding path through the castle’s interior!
- GCN Waluigi Stadium: Waluigi is here to give the people WAH-t they want! This time get ready to speed around the multitude of obstacles and ramps that make up this furiously fast dirt course that originated in “Mario Kart: Double-Dash”!!
- Tour Singapore Speedway: The city lights shine bright at night – but don’t slow down to stare! Drift your way to first place and be mindful of the vacationing Goombas on this colorful course that originated in “Mario Kart Tour”.
They’re joining the 24 tracks already added in the Booster Course Pass. After this, there’ll be two more waves released later this year to round out the DLC. Waluigi Pinball, Sydney Sprint, Choco Mountain, and 3DS Rainbow Road were added in previous waves.
Read More POPSUGAR Gaming!
- Is ‘Tears of the Kingdom’ a Prequel to the First Ever Zelda Game? Lore Experts Think So
- Australian Pre-Orders for ‘The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’ Collector’s Edition are Now Live
- It’s Dangerous to Go Alone, Take This ‘Tears of the Kingdom’ Switch OLED
- Your Favourite Game Boy and Game Boy Advance Games are Coming to Nintendo Switch
- Is Mario’s Butt Bigger In the New “Super Mario Bros. Movie” Trailer? An Investigation