Set Your Alarms! Here’s When ‘The Witcher 3’ Next-Gen Update Releases In Aus
Seven years after it was released, “The Witcher 3” is getting a next-gen update for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. (The PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch versions will also be getting an update, though it won’t be as extensive.) The update — which will be free for everyone who already owns the game and available to purchase for everyone else — contains dozens of visual, performance, and technical enhancements including ray tracing support, faster loading times on consoles, community mods, upscaled 4K textures, and cosmetics inspired by “The Witcher” Netflix show.
It’ll be a great way to experience one of the best RPGs ever made, or to play through it again if you haven’t touched it since release, and it comes out this week. To help you play it ASAP, we’ve broken down “The Witcher 3” next-gen update Australian release times.
When Does The Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update Release In Australia?
The answer depends on which platform you’re playing on. Here are the release times for Xbox Series X|S and PC:
- AEDT (ACT, NSW, VIC, QLD, TAS): Wednesday, December 14 at 11am
- ACDT (NT, SA): Wednesday, December 14 at 10.30am
- AWST (WA): Wednesday, December 14 at 8am
PS5 users will get the next-gen update a little earlier at midnight local time on December 14.
How to Get the Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update
If you already own any version of the game on any platform — including the base version and the Game of the Year Edition on the PlayStation Store, Xbox Games Store, Steam, GOG, or the Epic Games Store — you’ll automatically receive the update at the times listed above. Just launch the game or go to the store page to start the download.
Everyone who doesn’t already own the game has two options: either buy the game before the update is released or wait for the dedicated next-gen Complete Edition, which will include all of the enhancements from the update, all existing DLC packs, and the Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine story expansions.
“The Witcher 3: Complete Edition” will be available to purchase digitally on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on December 14. A physical version will be released at a later date.
Read more POPSUGAR gaming content below:
- Is ‘Tears of the Kingdom’ a Prequel to the First Ever Zelda Game? Lore Experts Think So
- “She’s a Top”: Anna Torv Answers All Our Questions About Tess In HBO’s ‘The Last of Us’
- 5 Games to Play Before Declaring ‘The Last of Us’ the GOAT
- Elden Ring Detectives Have Some Wild Theories About the DLC — Here Are the Best Ones
- Joel Finally Called Ellie “Baby Girl” In ‘The Last of Us’ and Fans Are Not Okay