Sports Illustrated cover girl and actress Brooklyn Decker has never been one to put on airs. So it's not surprising that the laid-back beauty describes her home decor taste as "lived-in and a little beat up." She recently chatted with Architectural Digest about the Austin, Texas, ranch she shares with husband Andy Roddick and their almost-one-year-old son, Hank. Check out highlights from what she had to say below, and then head to Architectural Digest to read the complete interview.
- Her favourite home piece is a three-metre-long dining room table she designed and her little brother built. "That's a special piece," she says.
- On her nightstand, you'll find books, an empty wine glass, and a little John Derian tray that says "Happy." She says, "It's a nesting place for all my bits and baubles at the end of the day."
- Her favourite TV set is Grace and Frankie, the Netflix show she's currently starring in, because of the set designers' attention to detail — "they only use real plants in the background because they want them to blow in the wind the right way" — but her fantasy set is Practical Magic.
- If she could hang any piece of artwork on her wall, it would be "11 p.m. Tuesday" or "A Pedigree of Some Note" by Lynette Yiadom-Boakye or something by Harland Miller, of whom she says, "I love the scale of his paintings, and his work just makes me laugh."
- Her personal home decor taste favours old homes with character, decor pieces with weight, and good-humoured design.