Appropriating Christmas traditions for our Down Under climate is an Aussie forte. Heavy baked dinners become seafood spreads, sitting by the fire becomes lounging by the pool and spicy mulled wine becomes, well, this cocktail.
Currently being served at Sydney's Bar Machiavelli, the Naughty Reindeer, as it's called, is a basically a gingerbread man in liquid form, plus port. Yum! Mix some up to kick-off your Christmas celebrations.
- 30 ml Penfolds Club Reserve Classic Tawny
- 20 ml Havana Especial Anejo Rum
- 15 ml Disaronno Amaretto
- 15 ml Lemon juice
- 10 ml Sugar syrup
- 1 dash of Aromatic Bitter
- Shake hard and strain into a frozen coupe dusted with sugar.
- Garnish with a small gingerbread man on the rim.